Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Grants Manager is responsible for providing a variety of support to the corporate, development, and human resources department. Specifically, the area around assisting with the implementation of development plans, providing administrative support, and supporting everyday FLOC operations.
§ entering data, preparing acknowledgements and reports from database as needed
§ participation and promotion of FLOC signature events
§ assist with messaging and communications for organization
§ assist with special projects requiring creativity, independent judgment and advanced knowledge of computer functions.
Grants Management (70%):
· Composite, write and/or edit responses to grant requests to ensure accuracy, completeness and clarity in accordance with grant applications.
· Prepare grant applications and grant expenditure reports as required by grantors and FLOC management.
· Maintains a tickler system for the purpose of tracking proposals, grants and donor information, producing reports and providing general information to the Director of Development and the Executive Director.
· Guide the Director of Development and Executive Director in cultivation strategy and execution for foundation prospects and donors.
· Periodically reviews system documentation to ensure correct and consistent input and provide internal finance review and reports.
· Provides accounting staff with documentation on incoming grants and reporting deadlines.
Development Department Support (20%):
· Assist in the planning and implementation of fundraising luncheon
· Support donor communication for signature events
· Support direct mail campaign
· Support with other public relation efforts, including media activities, publications, and other collateral materials (e.g. e-newsletter)
· Regularly provide assistance to the corporate and development offices in a variety of administrative and clerical functions to assist in the dissemination of information, ensure consistent patterns of communication and to ensure optimum administrative functioning
Bachelor of Arts – or equivalent education experience recommended
The ideal candidate would be:
Organized, detail oriented, and self motivated;
An excellent oral and written communicator;
Interested in fundraising; donor cultivation and donor stewardship;
Experienced in non-profit sector;
Experienced with executive support:
Advanced knowledge of computer software and applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, DonorPerfect databases and internet;
Passionate about education issues in DC and the youth we serve;
For Love of Children (FLOC) provides educational services beyond the classroom to help students succeed from first grade through college and career. FLOC brings together students, volunteers, families, and community partners in proven programs that teach, empower, and transform.
FLOC’s services are provided for free to students from low-income families in the District of Columbia and West Virgi...nia. Our experience shows that when students are encouraged and prepared, they can overcome any challenges and complete their educations.
In operation since 1965, FLOC has served more than 10,000 children and youth and has become one of the most respected nonprofits in the community. Today, roughly 25 staff and 300 volunteers serve nearly 600 students per year in local schools and FLOC’s facilities.